Saturday, June 8, 2019

EA E3 2019 Thoughts

Well, Electronic Arts decided to go with their EA Play format.  I also looked at the playtime for this video and it was almost three hours long.  Good thing I was at work so that way I could watch the uploaded video and trim the fat.  I knew Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order would be up first, so I immediately skipped the talking and got straight to the gameplay video.

So, Fallen Order... I'm ... not entirely impressed.  There's a certain slowness to the gameplay that I can't quite put my finger on.  What got my ears perked up was the wallrunning though, because I really enjoyed doing that in Titanfall 2.  The graphics look great, but the demo didn't really show much new in the way of action/adventure games.  There's hack and slash.  There's wall running.  There's climbing.  There's using slo-mo to get past fast moving objects.  I am very partial to any Star Wars game that uses light sabers, so I know I'll have fun playing it, but as  said earlier, I'm not entirely impressed.  I'm sure there will be a lot of game that wasn't shown that will actually be truly fantastic. 

There's a lot of new information regarding Apex Legends, but I don't care at all about the game since I don't play it nor want to.  And this section was almost thirty minutes long!  So glad I can skip. 

And then when I skipped, I also noticed their schedule.  They had Battlefield V up next, then Fifa, Madden and Sims 4.  Not interested in any of those.  I guess this EA Play thing was their big E3 show, and wow... talk about starting off E3 on the wrong foot.  I know with a few companies not really doing conferences this year, E3 would be different, but this doesn't feel right at all. Man, I didn't even have enough to write a blog worth reading... Go Fallen Order I guess?




No comments:

Post a Comment